Location: 3975 Fraser Street, Vancouver BC
I pass by Commodity Juicery on a regular basis, but never took the time to go in and look at their menu. I finally had the chance to do so thanks to Zomato for inviting me to this tasting event and Commodity Juicery for hosting!
Clarrisa, one of the co-owners, was very informative and passionate about her juicing business and what juice cleanse is all about. Their juice is made from organic fruits which are freshly cold pressed with a juicing machine.
I got to sample a large variety of their juices.
A few of my favourites:
1) Sweet Greens – Pineapple, Kale, Romaine, Cilantro, Green Apple, Lime. A very sweet drink with great emphasis on the pineapple to provide that sweetness.
2) Feel The Beet – Beet, carrot, turmeric , green apple, ginger, and lemon. I adore the beet in this which gave the drink a dark purple colour. I could taste a bit of the ginger, but it does not bug me at all.
3) Orange Roots – Carrot, turmeric, apple, lemon . I do not enjoy eating carrots, but in juice form, I like it a lot! The apple and carrot provided an abundance of sweetness to this drink and I highly recommend it.
4) Purple Puppy – Beet, grape, cilantro, orange, apple. Another sweet and refreshing drink that has a nice dark purplish color to it. I dig beets in drinks!
5) Matcha Mylk – It’s amazing how milky this drink is with the use of almonds! If you are lactose intolerant, definitely give this drink a try because it has a subtle matcha taste to it!
In addition to juices, Commodity Juicery also provided some snacks at the event:
Vegan Coconut Macaroon – It is quite dense, but healthy to say the very least. This is not my type of snack! I’m not that healthy.
Sesame Donburi Bowl – I was then fed with this bowl of healthy greatness. I loved the crunchiness of the quinoa! The ginger soy sauce added great flavouring to the greens, reminding me of a Japanese dish.
I also bought myself a bottle of ginger shots for $30 to help with my headaches and immune system. So far, I am seeing some slight improvements and I am going to continue to test this amazing drink to see what it can really do for me! Because it is made with ginger, it definitely burns your mouth and throat! I dare you to try it!
In terms of pricing for their juices, it is pretty reasonable around $10 to $12 for a bottle.
Since it is close to home, I won’t have to struggle with finding something to eat for lunch now because I will know where to hit up when I want to consume something enriched with vitamins and health benefits!